While it's been a couple of years - plus or minus a few - since any of us here at Sock Fancy HQ have had to go back to school, it's hard to forget the anticipation, excitement, and dread that the last few weeks of summer vacation bring.
While it's true that going back to school means no more sleeping in, no more pool days, and no more beach trips, it's not all bad.
If you're like us and have been out of school for a while, or if you're in the midst of a back-to-school crisis and need a reminder of all the good stuff to come, take a look at our list of the top 5 best things about heading back to class.
1. Starting a new school year means you have the perfect reason to splurge on new clothes - and new socks. Plus, if you're lucky, your state might have a tax-free weekend to take a bit of the guilt out of your shopping spree.
2. Too much of anything can be too much. In May, too much free time sounds like an oxymoron. After three or so months of endless free time, however, the prospect of seeing your friends again everyday and having a purpose feels pretty good. Goodbye, boredom.
3. Speaking of free time, school starting back up means sports are back! If you're an athlete, it means going to practice and working off that ice cream pudge that might have sneakily caught up to you this summer. If not, it means cheering on your school's football and volleyball team. Go team!
4. I don't know about you, but there's something about brand new school supplies that gave me hope for a productive, organized year. While it usually fell apart sometime in September when I misplaced my Math binder or planner, but it was nice to feel put together for a short time.
5. Last but not least, you can get these socks FREE with any new monthly subscription using code BOOKWORM. What's better than that? 📚🐛